It occured to me, I haven't done a blog post that focuses on "what to bring to a party", but I've done blog posts on gluten-free parties. So I thought I would be a good idea to write about what one should bring to a "Gluten" birthday party!
So, this past weekend, I had to prepare for Jack to attend his friend's birthday party. They had pizza, cake and ice cream at the party, so I knew I had to pack up some GF goodies for Jack bring along. Jack was riding with the family to the venue, so I would not be there with him to monitor the food situation. So needless to say, I was a little nervous already, plus with him driving with the family to downtown Nashville for the first time without me, then to a 3-level laser tag facility (insert panick eeekk!)! But, Jack was excited and I talked with his friend's mother and she assured me he was in good hands. So, it was my turn to get his goodies packed up and ready to go!
Packing these goodies up for Jack, gives me a sense of comfort knowing that he has everything he needs in his lunch bag to make for a FUN gluten-free party!
5 Must Haves When attending a "Gluten" Bday party:
- GF Frozen Cupcake - I have frozen chocolate cupcakes in our freezer. I take a cupcake out about an hour before the party. After 30 minutes, I top with frosting.
- Cupake 2 Go Container - I LOVE this container. Click here to check it out!
- GF Pizza Crust and Toppings - prepare gluten-free pizza as normal. I use Udi's pizza crust - I put three small slices in a container.
- GF Candy or Snack - Another GF treat that your child loves!
- Lunch Bag to carry all the goodies!
I always ask the hostess what their menu plans are so I can plan accordingly. I make sure the hostess also knows about Jack's gluten-free lifestyle and that I've provided everything Jack needs for the party. I want the hostess to feel comfortable and not worry about leaving Jack out or not offering him pizza or cake.
|Jack's gluten-free bag all ready for the party! Pizza, cupcake, Fritos and Smarties|