|Jack in Summer 2016|
I'll be the first to admit, we won't be the healthiest on the block, but I will do my best! I mean, we're doing pretty good...Jack eats spinach leaves and hard boiled eggs every day!!
As spring baseball practice begins, I'm back to whipping up quick meals and making sure Jack gets energy before the game and isn't starving afterwards.
Depending on how much time we have, I may just have Jack eat a filling snack before his game. A heavy meal before a game is just not a good thing. So, here are some snack options below that I will suggest before game time.
"Before the Game" Snacks
- Favorite Gluten-Free Bars - really, whenever you need a healthy bar, grab one - Pamela's, Van's, Enjoy Life Foods and so on!
- Yogurt - add his or her favorite fruit
- Beanfields Chips - with hummus
- Hard Boiled Eggs - Jack loves them!
- Almonds, Walnuts and Pumpkin Seeds
- Apple Slices and Peanut Butter
- Chex Cereal Trail Mix - variety of chex cereal, add pumpkin seeds, dried fruit, sunflower seeds, GF pretzels and a variety of nuts.
- Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups with strawberries
- Pretzels (gluten-free of course) and Peanut Butter
Whether before or after the game, these dinners will satisfy your athlete's taste buds and make your life a little less stressful with easy prep and minimal time to prepare.
- Hot Dog / Turkey Hot Dogs
|Don't forget the ketchup - Jack loves ketchup!!|
- Cheeseburger - Jack's favorite - he loves it cut up with some ketchup on it. It will give him some protein for the game - serve with veggies and fruit.
- Baked Potatoes - Top them with cheese, sour cream, bacon, broccoli...
- Scrambled Eggs/Omelet
- Pizza - serve with carrot sticks and pears
- Grilled Cheese with apple sauce and veggie
- Your favorite GF Chicken Tenders with Ore Ida French fries, fruit and/or veggies
And don't forget, make sure your athlete drinks plenty of water and stays hydrated! Always have a couple of bottles of water handy for before and after the game.
Enjoy watching your athlete play this season and don't stress about dinner!
PLAY BALL! :)